Memorial Health System
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Cardiovascular Sonographer is responsible for operating ultrasound equipment to obtain cardiovascular diagnostic images. Assists in interpretation of ultrasound images. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
New graduate from an accredited cardiovascular ultrasound program
Certified with the RDCS (Cardio (Echo) Lab) or RVT (Vascular Lab) certification within two years of employment but must sit for at least one part of the exam within the first year
An additional year will be provided to obtain both certifications
Both certifications will have to be obtained to work in the Cardiovascular Lab
BLS certification required
The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the diagnostic imaging area
The staff member should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and customer service including effective listening
The staff member should demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
1. Provides a sonographer's impression.
2. Maintains adequate stock of supplies by checking inventory regularly.
3. Assists with the rotation of diagnostic imaging students (Radiology, Ultrasound, etc.) in the Cardiovascular Lab.
4. 75% attendance at monthly department meetings (9/year) and 75% attendance at each of the Cardiovascular QA meetings (9/year for Cardio (Echo) Lab and 9/year for the Vascular Lab).
5. Enters orders correctly.
6. Properly utilizes multiple computer systems (Meditech, Chartmaxx, iSite, Medstreaming, and Xcelera).
7. Maintains compliance in RQI.
8. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Full Time -80 hours
7a-4p & 10a to 7 pm with call