Memorial Health System
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Education Coordinator is responsible for education Services of the assigned department/ unit. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Current Licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent in non-nursing areas (or willing to obtain) and certification in clinical specialty
Clinical education experience preferred
Verbal and written communication skills, especially ability to provide critical feedback
Computer literacy working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Ability to use office equipment such as copiers, scanners, printers
1. Assesses, develops and coordinates education for staff on all new equipment; new procedures and identified educational needs.
2. Responsible in conjunction with the Education Specialists for nursing orientation for the Nursing department including new employees and transfers for their assigned units.
3. Responsible in conjunction with Education Specialists for validation of skills and competence.
4. Responsible in conjunction with Education Specialists for creating/updating policies, procedures or order sets for the nursing department.
5. Responsible for communication of orientee's progress to Nurse Manager; Education Specialists and others as identified.
6. Perform chart audits to assess compliance with regulations and staff competency in documentation.
7. Functions as additional staff member within pre-established minimum and maximum guidelines.
8. Works cooperatively with preceptors, other unit based educators and Education Specialists to ensure consistency and efficiency of educational system, including record keeping, skill assessment and course development.
9. Teach course(s)in their specialty area and/or AHA course(s).
10. Serves as an expert in their specialty within their nursing practice.
11. Maintains compliance in RQI.
12. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Full Time -80 hours