Memorial Health System
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Emergency Response Nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care and directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
Minimum of three years emergency room or ICU experience
BLS, ACLS, PALS, and TNCC certification required
Ability to work independently
EMT certification preferred or willing to pursue
Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity, proper lifting techniques and body mechanics
1. Will round in all patient care areas daily assessing issues of need, answering questions and being a resource to staff.
2. Will respond/actively participate in all rapid response, CODE BLUE, CODE SEPSIS, Stroke, STEMI, and traumas.
3. Will be the transport nurse for all patients being transferred to and from Marietta Memorial Hospital, Belpre Campus, and Selby General Hospital requiring a higher level of care.
4. Will flex into ED/ICU to assist with critical patients as needed and when available.
5. Will have a role in staff education.
6. Performs handoff using SBAR handoff.
7. Obtains required patient assessments and reassessments per nursing policy.
8. Develops a plan of care and teaching plan based on assessed needs of patient and family. Revises as needed per hospital policy.
9. Coordinates timely, adequate teaching to patient/family/significant other in preparation for discharge/transport and documents appropriately.
10. Implements and monitors nursing interventions.
11. Consistently documents assessments, interventions and outcomes in Meditech within required timeframe.
12. Participates in interdisciplinary rounding and collaborates with team members to identify patient needs.
13. Recognizes changes in patient conditions and communicates with physician using SBAR.
14. Effectively manages patient care and delegates appropriately according to the needs of the patient and the skill of the caregiver.
15. Utilizes appropriate interpersonal communication which facilitates productive relationships with other team members.
16. Facilitates a positive and caring relationship with others by utilizing trust and mutual respect.
17. Establishes a therapeutic relationship between patient, family and self, based on empathy and trust.
18. Promotes a positive patient experience.
19. Seeks help from appropriate resources as needed.
20. Maintains current knowledge of and practices within the scope of hospital policies.
21. Clarifies any unclear communication between members of the healthcare team.
22. Uses proper channels of authority in communicating information.
23. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Full Time -72 hours
7p to 7a