Memorial Health System
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the OB Sonographer is responsible for operating ultrasound equipment to obtain diagnostic images. Assists in interpretation of ultrasound images. Maintains adequate stock of supplies for the ultrasound area. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultrasonographers
Current ARDMS certification in OB/GYN specialty or must be registered within two years of hire date
Minimum one year working as ultrasonographer with OB experience
The staff member should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and customer service including effective listening
The staff member should demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
1. Operates the ultrasound equipment to obtain quality diagnostic images. Produces diagnostic images utilizing B-mode, color Doppler, and pulsed wave Doppler. Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to anatomy to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
2. Provides a sonographer's impression.
3. Maintains adequate stock of supplies by checking inventory regularly.
4. Assists with the rotation of students in the ultrasound area (as applicable).
5. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Diagnostic Imaging or Radiology Supervisor (scheduling patients in conjunction with other departments and Outpatient Scheduling; taking call for the department on a rotational basis; train new employees.)
6. 75% attendance at monthly department meetings (10/year).
7. Put images into PACS for interpretation and storage.
8. Provides a safe environment for patients. Assists with transporting patients (as applicable in the clinic setting). Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
9. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
As scheduled as needed