Memorial Health System
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Polysomnographic Technologist is responsible for providing comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve Polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services, or patient care and education. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Licensed by the state of Ohio prior to January 2016 or registered as a Respiratory Therapist or Polysomnographic Technologist
Candidates must be willing to sit for the registered polysomnographic technologist exam within 1 year of hire
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding in performing polysomnographic procedures
Employee must possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal tactfully and harmoniously with guests, physicians, and co-workers
Employee must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of patients served in the sleep lab
1. Collect, analyze, and integrate patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
2. Provides safe environment for patients.
3. Maintains and performs equipment care, equipment maintenance and controls costs.
4. Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and thoroughness of work performed.
5. Demonstrates a throughout knowledge of work practices, scoring parameters, testing procedures, and personal protective equipment.
6. Provides timely, adequate, and appropriate teaching to patient/family/significant other.
7. Demonstrates ability to perform all sleep study modalities and implements appropriate therapeutic interventions including unusual parameters.
8. Participates and helps improve all quality initiatives.
9. Demonstrate effective written and spoken communication skills.
10. Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
11. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Full Time -72 hours