Nationwide Children's Hospital
Full Time - Benefits Eligible
Hours: Monday - Thursday 10:30a - 7:00p and Friday 8:30a - 5:00p
Location: E Main Street
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Childrens Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. Were 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world well never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Childrens badge what they do for a living. Theyll tell you its More Than a Job. Its a calling. Its a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Childrens Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION - The Scheduler is responsible for managing the entire patient scheduling activities of the clinic. This involves coordinating the preregistration and patient reminder activity in conjunction with the scheduling, as well as filling in for registration duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
1. Schedulesa. Creates templates for schedules keeping in mind call schedules, monthly service schedule and vacation schedules.b. Understands different activity types and resources, i.e. procedure, new outpatient appointment, follow-up, Partial Hospitalization, etc.c. Schedules patients as directed by Clinical coordinators and staffd. Notifies appropriate staff of conflicts with schedulee. Reschedules patients when clinic is cancelled
2. Pre-registrationa. Contacts or coordinates calls to all patients in advance to collect registration informationb. At the time of contact for pre-registration, confirms that the patient will keep the scheduled time
3. Registrationa. Greet patients/families ? handout appropriate packets.b. Register Patient: collect/assess/enter current demographic, social security number guarantori. Collect/assure/enter accurate family address, phone, employment, social security number guarantor and emergency contacts information.ii. Collect/assure/enter family size and income to associated discounted pay group.iii. Screens customer data to ensure patient is eligible for insurance indicated.iv. Collect/assure/enter financial class of patient based upon insurance/medical provider address for billing.v. Obtain accurate insurance and physician information.vi. Collect/assure/enter insurance/medical provider address for billing.vii. Collect/assure/enter Primary care, Attending and referring physicians? full address and phone numbers.viii. Assign account number to be used for entire visit/billing.ix. Xerox proof of income and put on patient?s medical record chart.x. Oversee registration and waiting room area. Assure clean/safe/organized.xi. Maintain adherence to HIPAA guidelines regarding patient confidentiality.c. Downtime Registration
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS Reports to: Operations Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED -
1. High School graduate or equivalent. Knowledgeable in PC Operation
2. Two years previous medical secretary experience
3. Must be able to manage daily deadlines
4. Excellent customer service skills to interact with the public internal and externalMINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSPercent of time spent on: 40% Typing on computer 40% Answering telephones 16% Paperwork 02% Xeroxing 02% Filing Sitting Constantly (67-100%) Talking on telephone Constantly (67-100%) Typing on keyboard Constantly (67-100%) Standing/walking/reaching/bending Occasionally (0-33%)Pressure will vary depending on the workload. The workload will be heavy but manageable most of the time.