Fairfield Medical Center
Administers patient treatments under the direction of a licensed Physical Therapist to facilitate patient rehabilitation. Patient population may include: acute care and outpatient. Age range of patient population is pediatric (6 months) to geriatric. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined in the department and Medical Center Policy and Procedure manuals as well as specific physical therapy laws governing the State of Ohio.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct patient care by carrying out the prescribed treatment plan developed by the Physical Therapist. Patient population may include: acute care and outpatient.
2. Notifies the Physical Therapist of changes in patient status and need for updated goals/treatment.
3. Documents in a timely manner daily acute care, daily and periodic in outpatient with reference to achievement of goals (via: written or computerized forms).
4. Attends assigned meetings such as monthly department meetings and any other meetings deemed necessary and as designated by the Physical Medicine Manager or Physical Therapy Supervisor or Center required meetings.
5. Attends job specific seminars/workshops, shares information (via: staff inservicing) with staff and presents report to Physical Medicine Manager for resource library.
6. Attends and participates in scheduled inservices and maintains current personal inservice log for same.
7. Demonstrates a basic knowledge and competency in basic computer skills (MS Word & AS400) used for patient documentation and billing.
8. Complies with appropriate patient scheduling.
9. Successfully passes all competencies for this job.
Associates degree (2 year degree) from an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program.
* CPR certification
* Valid license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Ohio
One year preferred, not required.