Fairfield Medical Center
Assists Physical Therapists/Assistants with patient preparation. Assists and administers standard procedure of treatment under therapists/assistants supervision. Performs tasks to maintain the department in an orderly, clean and safe condition. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined in the department and Center policy and procedure manuals, and in accordance with APTA guidelines.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares patient for Physical Therapist/Assistant.
2. Cleans Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy Gym and maintains equipment.
3. Stocks supplies needed for the Physical Therapy Department.
4. Performs clerical duties including: billings, scheduling, answering phones and computer usage.
5. Educates patients and other Center staff correct body mechanics and lifting techniques, as instructed by a Physical Therapy or Physical Therapist Assistant.
6. Assists with the transfer of patients from one surface to another.
7. Assists in training patients on correct gait pattern and use of assistive devices, as instructed by Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant.
8. Cleans and prepares whirlpools per Policy & Procedure manual.
9. Under the direction of a PT/PTA sets up exercise equipment and assists and monitors patient use, and in accordance with APTA guidelines.
10. Sets up therapeutic modality equipment for Physical Therapists/Assistants to use with patients.
11. Under direction of the PT/PTA, administers therapeutic modalities as deemed appropriate, and in accordance with the APTA guidelines.
12. Assists Inpatient or Outpatient Therapist/Assistant with patient care.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
One or more years experience in basic patient health care, would prefer therapy related work.
Job Related Skills:
Good interpersonal and communication skills. Has knowledge of physical therapy interventions and equipment necessary to meet the specific needs of the patient population served. (Check those that apply)
Good communication and human relations skills needed when dealing with co-workers, patients, physicians, and the general public. Adhere to all confidentiality policies.
Good physical condition. Needs strength, endurance, ability to be on your feet all day, lift and move patients, and demonstrates good follow-through with body mechanics.