Provides safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients/families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status.
1. Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
2. Demonstrates technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
3. Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
4. Develops self and contributes to the professional practice of nursing.
5. Displays leadership that influences optimal clinical and operational outcomes.
6. Displays the mission of the hospital and its values.
One (1) year RN experience required. ICU, SDU or Critical Care
Thorough knowledge of nursing process and practice.
Uses a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies (i.e. stethoscopes, thermometers, sphygmomanometers and electronic monitoring devices.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Minimum of Diploma/Associateâ€™s Degree in nursing from accredited program.
Registered nurse with current license to practice in the state of Ohio.
CPR certified in 90 days.
For external candidates:
Experienced nurses with Associate Degrees/Diploma in Nursing will commit at the time of hire to complete a Bachelors of Science Degree (BSN) or higher in nursing within 5 years of hire.
Full-Time: University Hospitals is offering a $8,000 sign on bonus, minus applicable taxes, for designated regular full-time RN positions to experienced RNâ€™s (1 year or more) hired externally.
This is a FT 36 hrs a week position, rotating Day/Nights, rotating weekends and holidays.