Position Summary/Essential Duties: (include percentage of time for each duty and corresponding Competency number.)
1. Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients, customers & co-workers.
2. Demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management through building a strong team and supporting a learning culture.
3. Allocates resources effectively and manages departmental budget.
4. Manages the decontamination, sterilization, storage, and limited distribution of patient care supplies and equipment. This includes the development of departmental policies, standard operating procedures, quality standards and workflows.
5. Manages the departmentâ€™s inventory control practices.
6. Collects, monitors & maintains departmental statistics to ensure compliance with all accreditation, local, state, federal & regulations.
Education/Expertise: Associate or Bachelor of Science degree required.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
CRCST or RCST certification or equivalent preferred.
Experience & Knowledge: Five years of successful and progressively responsible experience in inventory management, sterile processing, instrument management, case cart make-up and supervision of employees with demonstrated leadership ability in a medical center are required. Knowledge of AORN or AAMI, FDA, OSHA, EPA regulations and guidelines preferred.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge: Operates and
is knowledgeable of all equipment in Central Sterile
Processing (case carts, steam & EtO sterilizers,
washer/sterilizers, cart washer, sonic cleaner, computer, surgical instruments etc.).