Memorial Health System
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Pre/Post/PACU nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care and directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
ACLS and PALS within one year of being hired for position
BLS certification required upon hire
Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
1. Conducts individualized age-specific patient/family assessments upon admission according to defined standards.
2. Collects and documents data related to patient's physical, mental, developmental, emotional and social condition.
3. Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessment of patients by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient needs, knowledge of growth and development, and understanding of the treatment needed.
4. Assesses patient/family need for education and uses an individualized approach in delivery style.
5. Formulates goals and outcomes based on assessment data.
6. Entries into medical record follow hospital policy (date, time, use of appropriate abbreviations, and legibility).
7. Completes computerized documentation per policy.
8. All documentation is accurate and completed within a timely manner.
9. Maintains compliance in RQI.
10. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
40 hours per 2 weeks